What is your color of the year for 2016? If you follow fashion and home décor trends, you probably know by now that the Pantone’s Color of the Year is a blend of two colors, Rose Quartz and Serenity, “a softer take on color for 2016: For the first time, the blending of two shades…” I am not a fan of either and I am not likely to use them personally. Should my clients choose either of these colors, I will happily create a room with what they love. However, I would not suggest them just to be fashionable.
While the popularity of a color may come and go quickly, you usually cannot go wrong if you choose colors that you love. With clothing, there are some choices that should be passed over based on your skin tone and hair color and the same principal goes for home decorating. Your favorite color may not work with your flooring or cabinets so you may need to compromise a bit.
Surround yourself with what you love! My personal pick for the upcoming year is cobalt blue. What’s yours?
- Ottoman Floral Velvet Applique Pillow Cover – Find at Williams and Sonoma
- Found Feathers Pillow Cover – Find at West Elm
- Essex Sofa – Find at Bassett
- Matine Toile Duvet Cover and Sham – Twilight Blue – Find at Pottery Barn
- Countess Lamp in Blue – Find at Arhaus
- Arabella Garden Stool in Blue – Find at Pier 1